Hep B /HIV clear or not?Help

I had a protected exposure in Jan (26th )2000.On Feb 2,2000 I developed acute Hepatitis with Billirubin 18.At this point of time (during the course of acute infection) I got myself tested for Hep A,B,C, and E .All were non reactive.Specifically Hep B (Hbs Ag) -non reactive {8.Feb.2000),Anti Hb CoreIgm-non reactive {1.March 2000} During this time i got myself tested for HIV as well. HIV (Elisa) -negative,[15.March.2000],HIV p24 antigen- <8.20 {Ref range-<13.50},DNA PCR for HIV-Negative (21.March.2000) Everything went on well till a few days ago when I got my LFT done on 1 Jan 2002.Everything was normal except Anti Hbs which in my case was 12.50 miU/ml while the ref range was 10 .Greater than this is for those being tested for immunisation and as of now I am not immunised. My questions are:

1.If all tests for Hep B (as well as others)during acute infetion were negative -as in case of Hep B core then how is it that I have antibidies to Hep B? Does it mean that what I had contracted at that point of time was Hep B but was not detected? Is it possible for Hep B tests tobe negative during acute infection? 2.What is my status as far as Hep B is concerned? What does my antibody test indicate?Am I clear,chronic or what?What do I need to do (testing)to settle the position as far as Hep B is conerned? I need help as I`m getting married soon and I don`t know what I`m supposed to do!

3.What is my status for HIV?Does my negative elisa,DNA indicate I`m negative or do I still need some more testing (I`ve mentioned dates as well) 4.What does my p24 test-less than 8 indicate?Is it normal?

Please Help!I`m scared

Response from Dr. Dieterich

HIV sounds negative from what you describe. The HBV sounds like you probably have had either vaccine or infection. I would recheck all your hepatitis B and C serologies again. HBSAg, HBSAb, HBCAb, HBeAg and HBeAb and if you are really worried HBV DNA. ALso would not hurt to check HIV Ab test again too, if you are getting married. Good luck! DTD

night sweats
ACH443 Trials