hepatitis b results and confused!!

Please help me understand my results. I had my blood donated for surgery recently and the HBsAg came back non-reactive and the HBc came back reactive. They said it was a false / positive test, but I am confused because these results came back the same the second time I donated which was only a week apart. I went to my regular Doctor and they had me take a test on Hepatitis Antibody Surface and that came back negative. I saw on the internet that that could mean I am infected or may be a carrier. What should I do? Should I go to a hemotologist to make sure I do not have an acute infection? I read on the internet with results like mine it is considered inderterminate and I could possibly be a carrier. How accurate is that information?

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis B diagnosis is very complex. What is sounds like is that you have a HB Core antibody which is evidence of old infection that has passed. To confirm that you would need to do HB surface antigen test e antigen and e antibody tests. Sounds like you are probably OK, but you should follow up with those tests. DTD

Interferon/Lamivudine/Entecavir/Which one is for me?
night sweats