Interferon/Lamivudine/Entecavir/Which one is for me?

Doctor, I was diagnosed about a year ago with HepB as a Chronic Carrier. My AST is 100 and ALT 226. My profile: HBsAg+, HBeAg+, HBcAB+ but HBsAB-. Liver bopsy indicates diffuse fattu infiltration.... Image obtained post demostrates no abnormality.

1)What results should I expect from a tratment? I understand we want to stop the damage occuring at my liver (high enzimes indicate damage to the liver and mine are high). 2) What does it mean to "get cured"? 3) In what percentage patients with my profile can get cured? 4) How can i find what is the best treatment for me? I don't want to be part of clinical trial if Interferon or Lamivudine would be the right option for me. 5) How can I approach my doctor (first visit) to get the answers and to make it clear I want his help to find the right treatment, and not just be one more number in a trial. I don't want to offend him, but also don't want to be a quiet lab rat. Thanks a lot.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Actually, your chances are probably better of a cure if you are in one of the new clinical trials of LDT in combo with 3TC. There is no pure placebo arm in that one, the worst you can get is 3TC. Entecavir also sounds promising as does the Achilion Drug ACH 443. There is no clear answer as to what the right treatment is. The right one is the one that works for you. Any of these new drugs are worth a try. Good luck! DTD

ACH443 Trials
hepatitis b results and confused!!