|Oh, human living in terror!
Jan 1, 2002
Doctor, I usually cut my fingers and hands which always leads to bleeding. I got tested last month and was negative. It is about three months after suspected exposure--I scrathed my finger when pulling a cart full of books in my dorm. I heard my primary doctor say that the chance that people contract HCV is remote unless they are drug-users or have other major risk like blood transfusion. Your opinions.
Response from Dr. Fried
I agree with your doctor. HCV is not transmitted from cuts and scrapes from inanimate objects, like a library cart. Intravenous drug use and blood transfusions prior to 1992 are major risk factors.
pains and aches
RE: Please clarify
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.