Jan 1, 2002
HOW CAN A PERSON GET HEPATITIS C FROM HAVING SEX IF ONE PARTNER IS POSITIVE WITH HEPITIS C
Response from Dr. Fried
The risk of acquiring HCV from sexual contact is small, but not zero. If you are involved in a monogamous relationship with an HCV-positive partner, there are no specific recommendations for changing sexual practices, although common sense measures to prevent exposure to blood are still important.
Anyone having sex with multiple partners should always practice "safe sex" to minimize infection risk from all sexually transmitted diseases.
A & B vaccines at same time?
- Will Chlamydia Be Detected In Blood Test?
- What Natural Herb Can Be Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like On Men?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Syphilis Chancre Sores And Tea Tree Oil
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.