is hepatitis b in u for life?

my mate contacted hepatitis b about 10 yrs ago and the whole family was given shots. Are we still at risk? Does my mate still have it or does it go away?

Response from Dr. Fried

Most adults who acquire hepatitis B will clear the virus and no longer be infectious to other people. However, about 5% of adults will remain chronically infected. Your mate can have a simple blood test to determine if the HBV is completely gone. You and your family members who received the hepatitis B vaccine should have developed immunity to HBV.

Alternative meds for hepatitis C
A & B vaccines at same time?