Help!!!

Dear Dr, I am very confused presently . I tested for Hep A (acute with reflex) IgM was Non reactive on July 28th 2001 .However , on December 6 th 2001 i tested + ve for Igm and Igg . I had a fairly low exposure oral sex using protection on June . a)Could this have caused hep A or is it different . b) Is there any difference in the tests taken ie Acute with reflex , is it possible to find out if i was infected during childhood days or was it a recent infection. c)I tested -ve for Hep B and C -ve and also for HIV -ve . Could Hep A cause a delay in Hiv and hep B and C testing ?

Please answer ...

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If the IgM was positive then you had acute hepatitis A. It usually resolves without any further problems. It depends on what you mean by oral sex. Oral anal contact is a definite risk for hepatitis A as it is a fecally orally transmitted disease. If you were wearing a condom and someone was performing oral sex on you, then that is not a risk for hepatitis A, unless you used their bathroom which was not clean. There is no known data about hepatitis A changing the results of tests. If you are worried, then I would get tested again. Good luck! DTD

Hepatitis Vaccine: An Important Part of AIDS Treatment Strategy?
hep. B with pregnancy and tests...