Dec 31, 2001
you have mentioned both toothbrushes + razors as 2 items implicated in possible HCV-transmission in a household setting......my questions are: what is the number / of confirmed US~cases with this "risk~factor" ALONE ????...and : how 'fresh' and 'what quantity' of blood need be present to confer transmission??..thank~you
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is really impossible to tell exactly how many if any cases have been transmitted that way. Toothbrushes would need a lot of fresh blood from both users to even theoretically transmit HCV. Razors would be more likely in my opinion because of the amount of blood. However the blood would have to be fresh. No one has done these studies, it is an easy enough thing to avoid. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.