you have mentioned both toothbrushes + razors as 2 items implicated in possible HCV-transmission in a household questions are: what is the number / of confirmed US~cases with this "risk~factor" ALONE ????...and : how 'fresh' and 'what quantity' of blood need be present to confer transmission??..thank~you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is really impossible to tell exactly how many if any cases have been transmitted that way. Toothbrushes would need a lot of fresh blood from both users to even theoretically transmit HCV. Razors would be more likely in my opinion because of the amount of blood. However the blood would have to be fresh. No one has done these studies, it is an easy enough thing to avoid. DTD

Please help me...very worried girl!!
Your opinion on PCR