HCV risk ?

about 6 years ago. I used a roommate's syptic~pencil--commonly used for razor nics.I do NOT recall seeing any blood~and knowing me-would have run it under water first...this was ONE morning ONLY..did not/have NEVER shared toothbrushes or razors.Normal health exams~including ALT~AST last 6- years...thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This does not seem like a risk at all. However, it would be a good time to go get tested for HIV, Hepatitis B, C, and A. If you are negative for B and C you should get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B. Go for it! DTD

Is it really true HIV+ people can live normal life spans? How quickly do they need to be treated?
Please help me...very worried girl!!