Help me please

Dear Douglas I need your help . I had an exposure (which was very low risk oral sex receiving and massage) . I took a series of tests Heps A,B,C/HIV/STIs etc at 3months.All -ve. After 6 months December 2001 HIV was -ve ,Heps B and C were negative .However Hep A Igm and Igg was positive . I had taken one on July 28th 2001 for Hep A acute Igm which came out -ve that time but now it has come +ve Igm and Igg on december 2001 .My doctor says something like i dont have to worry about it ,i dont have Hep A and when july test ws done it ws checked for Active stage Hep A . I am scared to death and feel i might have contracted from the exposure and i had delayed late for antibodies . Do i have to worry about HIV/Hep B and C ( i have tested -ve at 6 months for them and have done HIV PCR RNA as well -ve) .Do you think Hep A anitbody might have delayed my Hep B/C and HIV antibody.please answer!!!!.Can i have unprotected sex with my wife now !!!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If you actually have hepatitis A IgM, then you might have had acute hepatitis A, which is not usually a sexually transmitted disease, although is transmitted fecally-orally. The IgG that you have means that you have passed the acute stage of hepatitis A and that you probably got it between your last test and this one. There is no evidence that hepatitis A antibodies would alter the results of HIV, HBV, or HCV tests. As for sex with your wife, that is up to you! It sounds like you are not infected with any viruses at the moment. Good luck! DTD

acute or chronic
Is it really true HIV+ people can live normal life spans? How quickly do they need to be treated?