|acute or chronic
Dec 30, 2001
You wrote once that hep c can cause arthritis like pain as well as upper right abdomenal discomfort. Would these symptoms be a result of acute hepatitis, chronic hepatitis. or both.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Either acute or chronic hepatitis can cause these symptoms. However the diagnosis of hepatitis cant' be made on this basis, and you must of course be tested for hepatitis A, B C and HIV. If you are negative for A and B then I would recommend vaccination for those two. Good luck ! DTD
Help me please
- HIV Risk After Broken Condom
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Rubbing Against Someone?
- Seroconverting After Condom Broke
- Does Loose Stool Mean I Have Hiv?
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.