W/to late

I would am having a problem detecting where i got Hepc from. An ex boyfriend of mine had a blood transfusion because of a car accident. He was parrlized from the waiste down. He would get on top of me. towards the end of out relationship he got careless with his body. He would drag himself on the floor and inturn get sorse. I would clean them. This was 10 years ago. I cannot find him. In october I found out I had it. Could I have gotten it from him. A year and a half ago my boyfriend was working in a biohazard building and he told me that he had spilled a bucket of blood on the floor and it got on him. Is it possible i got it from him. He is incarserated now and he asked for a test and they havent given it to him yet. The next thing is because i dont have any medical insurance i cant see a specilist that deals with hepc for a year because they are full. My sgot-29 sgpt-36 ggt-107 alkaline ph-163 proten-6.2 chloride-111 cholesterol-107 glocose-141 hcv rna-264000 Those were all out of range. I was having soreness in my upper right part of my stomache. that is why the test was taken. I am concerned that I will get worse and they wont be able to help me or that I may be helped at this stage of the virse but becauce i cant be treated now. it will be to late. Thank you for this forum and your response

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You ask a few questions.First;is difficult to know exactly when you were infected.It can be sexually trasmitted,or by contact with blood.What is important is that you have the disease and you need evaluation to determine if you need therapy now or not.The majority of patients will have a very slow clinical course and cirrhosis,may occur after 30-40 years.Also ,only 20% of the cases will go on to have end stage liver disease,so the odds are in your favor.All your efforts and goals should be to have medical attention, and possibly have a liver biopsy to find out what is your status.Therapy for HCV will cure more than 50% of all cases next year,and you will have plenty of time to manage it.Relax.

Liver Enzymes High High Prothrombin Please Respond
acute or chronic