|Liver Enzymes High High Prothrombin Please Respond
Dec 29, 2001
Dr: I have had high liver enzymes ALT 150 AST 70 for a few months but repeatedly nonreactive on PCR for Hep C and Hep B. What else could case this? I am already and have always followed a low fat diet. Should I have a biopsy with a high prothrombin (I am told this puts me at excess risk).
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you do not have B or C disease you need to be tested for other causes of liver disease as immune heparitis,primary biliary cirrhosis,sclerosing cholangitis etc.You may still need the liver biopsy,and it can be performed in the majority of cases with Vitamin K,or fresh frozen plasma .You need to see an hepatologist to deal with this.
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- What Causes Vaginal Dryness In Young Women?
- Chance Of Getting Hiv As Top
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.