|Liver Enzymes High High Prothrombin Please Respond
Dec 29, 2001
Dr: I have had high liver enzymes ALT 150 AST 70 for a few months but repeatedly nonreactive on PCR for Hep C and Hep B. What else could case this? I am already and have always followed a low fat diet. Should I have a biopsy with a high prothrombin (I am told this puts me at excess risk).
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
If you do not have B or C disease you need to be tested for other causes of liver disease as immune heparitis,primary biliary cirrhosis,sclerosing cholangitis etc.You may still need the liver biopsy,and it can be performed in the majority of cases with Vitamin K,or fresh frozen plasma .You need to see an hepatologist to deal with this.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute/primary Hiv
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.