Pain HepB

Dear Doctor, several months ago, in August, I got suddenly sick and had all symptoms of Hepatitis: jaundice, nausea, vomiting. My test confirmed Hepatitis B. Since then, my health improved and last test showed that my livers are recovering, and my last blood test show confirmed that all numbers back to normal. During that time I also start to have abdominal pain in my left side. I had x-ray, blood test and ultrasound done and nothing was discovered. I visited two different liver specialists, but they could not find anything. My pain is not persistent, but usually occurs during evening and nighttime. I also feel very tired and I do not have as much energy as I had before my infection. What I should do? What are other possible causes of my problem? I do not have hepatitis A, C, or HIV; I do not smoke, drink or eat unhealthy food. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

You do not specify if you cleared the B virus ,or if you developed immunity.You only describe that tests went back to normal and I assume you are refering to the liver enzymes.When a patient refers pain in the left side after acute hepatitis,we think of spleen enlargement,.You may have also a non related problem in the left colon or kidneys. You need to check exactly what happened with the B infection and go from there.

acido lactico
hiv/hcv co-infection, do I start hiv/hcv treatment?