Dec 28, 2001
hello , real ouick i have a fatty liver ,and i have hcv ,but not overwight and i dont drink. please explain
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Fatty liver,or fat deposition in the liver can occur in thin people.We think that patients can have a predisposition to this and that it start to occur when the liver has another insult like Hepatitis C.It can be also found in diabetics,and patients with increased levels of TGC and Cholesterol. The problem with the fatty liver is that patients can develop steatohepatitis and fibrosis.This condition is now beeing recognized a the cause of many cases of cirrhosis,that had uncertain etiology.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Black Spots After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Catch Gonorrhea Without Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.