|Hep A poistive pls help
Dec 28, 2001
Dear Dr, I tested for Hep A,B and C .I was tested + for Hepp A Igm and Igg .I am not sure how i must have contracted it . But the doctor says i have nothing to worry about and she herself has Hep A antibody . Hep B and C are -ve .I am scared .pls help me .Can i have sex with my wife .
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Hepatitis A is contracted by ingesting orally food or water with the virus.It is always cleared,no chronic hep A ,and frequently asymptomatic.It is not trasmitted by sex or blood.IGG positive antibody means that the patient was infected,the virus was cleared and he cannot be reinfected by this virus.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching Scratch On Skin And HIV Testing
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting AIDS From Touching Hemorrhoid?
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Giving Oral Sex?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting AIDS From Broken Condom?
- Could Vomiting Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.