Dec 28, 2001
Hello Dr.; My stats are as follows: E-antibody Positive E-Antigen Neg Surface Antigen-Neg Surface Antibody-Neg PCR by DNA shows no detectable level of the virus.
My Dr. wants to do a biopsy and put me on meds (Limivudine) to eliminate the virus and hopefully the antibody will show.
Does this make sense to you? What would you do?
Thank you for all you have done on this sight it is a great help to all of us.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No,it makes no sense to treat a patient that has no detectable virus,antigen and that is e antibody positive,suggesting clearance of the virus.Wait.The HBsAb may take a while to be detectable,6-12 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Ars Symptom?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.