Hepatitis A (pls answer)

Dear Dr, I am very confused presently . I tested for Hep A (acute with reflex) IgM was Non reactive on July 28th 2001 .However , on December 6 th 2001 i tested + ve for Igm and Igg . I had a fairly low exposure oral sex using protection on June . a)Could this have caused hep A or is it different . b) Is there any difference in the tests taken ie Acute with reflex , is it possible to find out if i was infected during childhood days or was it a recent infection. c)I tested -ve for Hep B and C -ve and also for HIV -ve . Could Hep A cause a delay in Hiv and hep B and C testing ?

Please answer ...

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

If you only have positive the IGG antibody for A,it is not possible to know when you were infected,We know that it was not recent ,because in that case you should have had the IGM positive and later on the IGG.All cases of Hepatitis A,are cleared and this test means that you had it and now you have immunity for it.Hep A is trasmitted by oral ingestion of the virus,not by sex or blood. Hep.A testing will not affect the HCV or HIV testing.You need to remember though,that there is a period when the tests can be negative and still you have the infection.I will recommend to you to repeat the HIV and HCV tests in 6 months,or do HCV and HIV PCR now.

HIV testing during acute HBV phase
Fall el Tratamiento????