|HIV testing during acute HBV phase
Dec 28, 2001
i was in the hospital with acute hepatitis b infection. at that time i was tested for HIV with and elisa and viral load (PCR?) This was 3 months after exposure. is there a chance the acute HBV will turn up a false negative? or can i be satisfied with the negative result of the tests at that point.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No,it will not affect your HIV testing.If you had a negative HIV pcr,you are ok.
CONFUSION WITH DR'S CHANGING STANCE
Hepatitis A (pls answer)
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- HIV Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- What Are Some Ways You Can Get Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.