CONFUSION WITH DR'S CHANGING STANCE

dear Dr. I wrote to you 7 months back . my case was of having been diagnosed positive for hcv-rna viral load 3279-copy/ml. liver biopsy showing stage-01,HAI-2.

" for all these months I had a weight of 57 kg. my " sgpt was consistent at 24. but I had regular pain in my right side abdomen and irregular motion nature ( black/ green)

Last week mr DR. surprises me by saying that this stable "sgpt " is alarming( whereas he was saying that till the time the sgpt does not change he will not start teatment) the day he says he has to start treatment my "sgpt " report shows 41,AND MY VIRAL LOAD IS <600COPY/ML (IN RANGE). MY DR. SAYS I DO NO NOT REQUIRE TREATMENT NOW. THIS CHANGE IN STANCE AND MY SYMPTOMS REMAINING THE SAME, I'AM CONFUSED BADLY. PLEASE ADVISE WHAT TO DO

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

HCV is usually asymptomatic,unless patients have advanced liver disease ,not your case.You should not assume that all your symptoms are related to HCV.If you are now undetectable and before you had a very low viral load,this means that in the interval of time between the two tests you cleared the virus.I will reccomend to repeat this test in 6 months,and if it continues non-detectable,you have no HCV,and you will need no treatment.

wait for Pegasys
HIV testing during acute HBV phase