|Anemia & Cardiomegaly
Dec 13, 2001
Is there a relationship between anemia and cardiomegaly?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, there is. Severe anemia can lead to heart failure. Medically, we call this high-output failure and it can lead to cardiac enlargement (cardiomegaly). That said, I should also point out that there are many other more common causes for cardiomegaly.
Hope that helps.
I've Leukopenia Help Doc. Please
Can Viread cause anemia?
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
- Accidental Intake Of A Double Dose Of HIV Medication
- Can Vaginal Fluid On The Condom Transmit Hiv?
- Does A Contraceptive Pill Affect A Hiv Test?
- During Ars Does Lymph Nodes Swell At The Same Time
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.