Dr. Bob...No one else wants to answer this!!

Exposure - Unprotected oral insertive fellatio, protected vaginal intercours with a poz sex worker. My genitals were shaved 6 hours prior including the base of shaft of penis...and this had contact with vaginal fluid.

Symptoms - started with painful testicles 2.5 weeks after then at 3 weeks: Flu for 1 week (fever, pains, etc) Weight loss (20 lbs) No appetite - on and off for 8 weeks Depression & anxiety- all the time Numerous cankers on lip Tingling then Rash on tip of penis, painfull in one spot for 3 days - rash lasted 4 weeks Diariah and Gasiness(stomach pain) - 2 weeks Headaches - 8 weeks & counting Painfull swollen lymph nodes (groin, armpits, jaw, behind ears) - 8 weeks & counting Joint & muscle pains - off & on for 8 weeks Slow healing cuts on hand Hands often fall asleep Fatigue - bad the first 2 weeks of ARS, now off and on all the time. Excema on face (had this before but it has gotten worse) Toenail turned blue for no reason

It has been 10 weeks since my exposure and I'm getting tested next week....I'm afraid that it's all but official now, I'm POZ!! My Question, have you ever seen anybody with this many symptoms test negative???? Thanks By the way, I think your hot and I'm not even gay.

Well, considering you had unprotected oral insertive fellatio and protected vaginal intercourse, I quickly and very astutely surmised you indeed were not gay. I tend to have an extremely keen sense for the obvious!

To answer your question, "Have I seen symptoms like yours in folks who test negative?" - absolutely! Many of your symptoms are quite classic for depression/anxiety - decreased appetite, tingling sensations, headache, stomach problems, fatigue, hands falling asleep, etc. Some of your other symptoms are completely unrelated to HIV - blue toenails, slow-healing cuts, etc. You may well have had a mild viral infection several weeks after this exposure, but I strongly doubt it was caused by HIV. So it's certainly not "all but official." I'm glad you are getting tested next week. I strongly believe you'll have lots to celebrate by Christmas (a negative HIV test).

It's important to remember HIV is not all that easy to contract and your particular risk behavior is considered relatively low, even with "shaved genitals and penis shaft!" -- by the way, are you sure you're not gay? (Just kidding).

Stay well, use condoms, and try to remember to shave "Mr. Happy" a day or two earlier next time.

Happy Holidays.

I am experienced fatigue and fever always 37.3 C
FATIGUE AND FEVERS