Ferratin URGENT from Canada

Dear Dr, You have saved me from doing anything drastic by your replies >i need your help again. I have tested HIV 1/2 -ve ELISA at 5 months and also had a PCR RNA at 10 weeks undectable < 50 copies .Had Hep B and C tests at about 16 weeks/17 weeks -ve .My exposure(receiving oral sex unprotected /massage) was low with a sex worker . a) However , on checking the CBC i have always had a little low Hemaglobin and Ferratin 29 (range 27-220) .I dont eat red meat and am a vegetarian. Checked stomach X rays etc to see any polys etc all normal .WBC ,Lymphocytes is normal as well . If you remember i was the same guy who got chicken pox after 2 weeks from the exposure (not sure if i got it from the prostitute) . b) Would chicken pox delay the testing of HIV,Hep B and C etc .I am really worried and not sure if i can have unprotected sex with my wife.I check all the web sites and see lot of diseases and then fear I may have it due to this exposure , dont know what to do .Its affecting my marriage and work.Please help me !!!!

I'm glad you haven't done anything drastic but you also haven't gotten on with your life either!

If your ferritin level is 29 and the normal range is 27-220, then you are in the normal range, right? I would guess your hemoglobin is also in the normal range. Isn't it? Low normal is still normal. No need to worry about that.

Chicken pox does not interfere with HIV, hepatitis B, or hepatitis C testing.

Your problem is clearly stated in your question - "fear." And fear is what's affecting your work and marriage, not HIV. OK? If you still can't accept this fact, then get counseling to help you overcome your guilt and related fears.

Good luck. Stay healthy.

fatigue from medicine???
am I anemic or is it more serious