Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Scusi, but I need an answer...
Nov 13, 2001

Hi Dr. Bob! I am very sorry for asking you this in your forum, but I need a bit of information that I can't get elswewhere. I tried at the Safe Sex Forum but got no reply. I had a little pimple from a constipated little gland on my penis next to the frenulum on my foreskin, and I squeezed that out under the shower. So it was clean afterwards, but the foreskin was a little irritated and reddish at that spot. It felt quite sensitive to touching. So I conclude that there was some little damage to the foreskin. About 5 hours later I fooled around in bed with a girl I knew from university and I grinded my boxershorts against her already wet underwear (soaked from her vaginal fluids). If my penis came out of my boxershorts and I didn't notice it, would you think that if the 5 hours old red spot on my foreskin came into contact with her vaginal fluids from her underwear, that realistically the risk would be low? Or would this be a fresh cut (After all it is kind of a mucous membrane and maybe heals slowlier)? If the risk was low I would be able to forget about it without getting tested. I know that grinding is very low risk, but with a 5 hours old little sore on the inside of the foreskin? Please answer me! Mille grazie per la sua risposta e arrivederci!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Buona sera,

Why would mucous membranes of the foreskin heal "slowlier?" Oh well, it doesn't really matter. Your risk level is essentially non-existent. Your activity definitely qualifies as safer sex.

But I do wonder about part of your question - "If my penis came out of my boxer shorts and I didn't notice it . . . ." Does this happen frequently. One would usually notice if "Mr. Happy" was suddenly flapping in the breeze. Not noticing something like that can get you into al kinds of trouble!

Relax, my friend, you're fine.

Prego.

Dr. Bob

Previous
do you agree?
Next
AIDS OR FEAR&STRESS AND FATIGUE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.