Vitamin B12 injections

I have been +ve for 10 years (not on any meds), in last 6 months having been very tired. Last blood results indicated Vitamin B12 at low levels and my doctor has started me on a course of B12 injections - how long before I notice any impact?

Well that would depend on how low your levels were, as well as the dose and frequency of your vitamin B12 injections. I'm hoping that by the time you read this, you are already feeling much improved. By the way, do you know that vitamin B12 can now be administered as an intranasal gel? It's much more convenient than the injections.

Remember, fatigue in the setting of HIV disease is often multifactorial. Low vitamin B12 can lead to anemia, which in turn can cause fatigue. If you don't feel better, remember to check out the other common causes of fatigue:

1. Hormonal imbalances 2. Drug side effects 3. Inadequate sleep, exercise, diet 4. Psychological causes - anxiety, stress, depression 5. Opportunistic infections 6. Other causes of anemia

Common cold symptom
Extreme Fatigue & other side effects, are they related?