Common cold symptom

Caro Dottore, i hope that you will read and answer my question. On a business trip abroad I went with a sex worker and i used a condom. When i pulled out i saw that it was only half covering my penis. I believe that i protected myself. Three to four weeks - later i had a sore throat, a runny nose and a typical voice caused by a cold. I also had a slight fever at around 38C (which some aspirin C got rid of very quickly). The runny nose lasted for about 6 days with little or no cough. I am worried that I somehow got HIV and i dont want to pass it on to my wife. I am going to get tested very soon but i would appreciate your opinion on the stated symptoms and if they are consistent with ARS. Thankyou Dottore and MILLE GRAZIE for all the work and advice that you and your colleagues give to stupid people like myself.

Caro paesano,

No, you are not stupid. You just need a better fitting condom next time.

I'm assuming the half of your penis that was covered was the head and halfway down as opposed to the head peaking through a broken condom. Correct? If so, no worries, the important area was covered. Go ahead and get tested for your own piece of mind, but your risk is negligible, and your symptoms are not indicative of an acute seroconversion reaction.

Non c'e di che,

Roberto

I Know Doc, I know..........
Vitamin B12 injections