What is the best choice for 1st meds regimen

Dear DR Bob,

My DR plans to start me on antivirals in Sept. My Questions: is my DR is pushing for me to take Ziagen, Epivir and Viracept? My Partner was also started on this regimen and had terrible diarrhea, cramping in his feet, legs and hands, and extreme fatigue. What do you think of the efficacy of Combivir/viramune or sustiva? Epivir, ziagen with either viramune or sustiva as a first treatment option? My last CD4 WAS 390 and VL 72000. My health is good and maintaining healthy weight.

My Partner was switched to Ziagen/Epivir/Sustiva and Viramune and is doing really well. Are PI'S in the 1st regimen getting the best results?

Although I would very much like to answer this question, we are trying to keep this forum focused exclusively on issues related to anemia and fatigue. Consequently, I'll pass this question on to my friend, Dr. Cal Cohen, in the Treatment Forum, as his views are similar to mine. I;ll ask Dr. Cohen to reply promptly, so that you'll have a detailed response before your September appointment. You may want to bring a copy of our response with you to your appointment. Best of luck.

Iron supplement for anemia
Drug interactions?