Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What is the best choice for 1st meds regimen
Aug 31, 2000

Dear DR Bob,

My DR plans to start me on antivirals in Sept. My Questions: is my DR is pushing for me to take Ziagen, Epivir and Viracept? My Partner was also started on this regimen and had terrible diarrhea, cramping in his feet, legs and hands, and extreme fatigue. What do you think of the efficacy of Combivir/viramune or sustiva? Epivir, ziagen with either viramune or sustiva as a first treatment option? My last CD4 WAS 390 and VL 72000. My health is good and maintaining healthy weight.

My Partner was switched to Ziagen/Epivir/Sustiva and Viramune and is doing really well. Are PI'S in the 1st regimen getting the best results?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Although I would very much like to answer this question, we are trying to keep this forum focused exclusively on issues related to anemia and fatigue. Consequently, I'll pass this question on to my friend, Dr. Cal Cohen, in the Treatment Forum, as his views are similar to mine. I;ll ask Dr. Cohen to reply promptly, so that you'll have a detailed response before your September appointment. You may want to bring a copy of our response with you to your appointment. Best of luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Iron supplement for anemia
Next
Drug interactions?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.