Anemia?

Doctor, can anemia cause skin bruise easily due to HIV or it is not related to HIV? I have this skin problem recently and it bothers me all the time. Would appreciate your time and attention to my personal question. Many thanks.

Easy bruisability is generally linked to low platelets (a different type of blood cell) rather than low red blood cells (anemia). Check with your doctor, he/she can run a simple test to check this out for you. HIV, HIV medications, and opportunistic infections related to HIV can have effects on red blood cells, white blood cells, and/or platelets. I would tend to doubt this is your problem but it's easy enough to find out. A simple blood test should give you all the answers you desire.

Good luck,

RJF

Taking Procrit or Epogen on the move
What causes it?