JUST DX. SO MANY QUESTIONS

FOR 6 MONTHS I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH FATIGUE IS CAFFEINE THE ANSWER OR IS THERE AN HERBAL REMEDY?????

You mentioned you've just been diagnosed.

There are many potential causes for fatigue related to HIV infection and the drugs used to treat HIV. Often a person with fatigue has several problems that can interact to cause this very annoying symptom. Inadequate rest, diet, or exercise for example, can cause excessive tiredness. Depression and anxiety are also frequently associated with fatigue. In addition fatigue can be a symptom of an underlying opportunistic infection or side effect from a medication. Hormonal imbalances, a common occurrence in people with HIV, may also cause fatigue. Finally, one of the most common causes is anemia -- low red blood cells.

Finding the most appropriate and effective treatment for your fatigue depends on identifying the cause or causes. Specific and remarkably effective therapies are available for all the conditions I mentioned above. Check these common causes out with your doctor. Write back if you're still having trouble.

As for caffeine, well personally I think coffee is indeed one of the 4 basic food groups.

See you at Starbucks.

RJF

Anemia and Nutrition
benefits and/or precautions for exercise in the patient with HIV/AIDS