Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can u tell me what i have
Oct 12, 2001

Hi Doc I had a risky exposure dec2000 in thailand with a prostitute used condom but slipped unfortunatly.I took 7 hiv antibody tests latest on 20 september all results negative.also had CBC results are WBC 9000 rbc 5.15 lympocites 33 .My problems are still not over and growing.Recently i got a ultasound and CT Scan of my neck which shows one .33x.88 cm lymphnode on rightside neck and several multiple nodes both sides of neck i have occasional pain both sides.besides i am also experiencing symptoms of neuropathy persistant tingling and light pain in my lower feet sleeping problems , white coated tounge,palpitations and fatigue.my all results shows normal but i get tired very easily.I have consulted several doctors but waste of money.i feel totally desperate where to go now .I think myself one of unlucky (+) who didn't turn up on antibody test. PLEASE HELP ME CH

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello CH,

Can I tell you what you've got? Well, I can tell you what you don't have. You don't have HIV. Your symptoms and lab work are not consistent with that diagnosis, especially with 7 negative HIV tests. So, what do you have? I'd bet anxiety, stress, and guilt are the causes of most of your symptoms. My recommendations: 1) find a counselor or psychiatrist who will help you get over these irrational fears and 2) use a smaller sized condom next time.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
major fatigue
Next
could my pain meds be immunosuppressive?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.