Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

no energy and bloody stools
Oct 6, 2001

For the past two weeks I have felt weak and tired with little energy. Tonight I had blood in my stool, actually all blood no stool. Also I have been coughing more than normal and when I do, my chest and back hurts. Ring a bell with anything?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Not only does it "ring a bell," it bangs the drums, crashes the cymbals, and shoots off fireworks as well. You need to be evaluated by your doctor right away. Bright red blood per rectum can be a relatively simple problem like a bleeding hemorrhoid or a sign of a more serious condition. If you've felt weak and tired for the past few weeks, you may have lost enough blood to be anemic. Cough resulting in pain in the chest and back also needs to be evaluated. Again, it can be something simple like a pulled muscle from coughing or something more significant like pneumonia. I don't want to delay your evaluation any further by detailing all the possible causes of your symptoms. You need to see your doctor. So, turn off the computer and call for an appointment. Be sure to mention your symptoms when you call. If you can't be seen right away, you should go to an urgent care clinic or emergency room. So what are you waiting for? Turn off the computer. Make the call.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I really need your help doc.
Next
Tired Englishman Abroad

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.