you are just what the Dr. ordered

Dr. Bob, I've been living with HIV for a year now and still getting over the shock that I'm positive. I'm often so scared and feel down. My Dr. told me about you and the fact you also are HIV positive. She suggested I check out this website. It's been the best medicine I've ever had. Whenever I'm sad or scared I sign on are read your responses and they always cheer me up. You are positive in more than one way my dear Dr. Bob. You are a positive role model for us all. I wish I had your courage. Your sense of humor is the thing I like best. I thought I would never laugh again and when I read some of your responses I just howel!! Science should learn from you. You know how to treat the whole person rather than just the disease. I don't have a question for you. I just wanted to say thanks. You continue to be my favorite and best medicine. Paula

Hey Paula,

Thanks. Some folks really don't understand my sense of humor at all. I guess they just think we should all just walk around glum and sad. No thanks, not for me! Paul Rudnick, a wonderful writer, once said, "Only money, rage, and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can make the nightmare bearable." I'll do my part to provide information and a few smiles along the way, if you promise to keep a positive attitude. OK? And let's both be here for the cure - with a laugh, a smile, and a tear.

Thanks again and best of luck.

Question
Doctor Bob: