Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

you are just what the Dr. ordered
Sep 24, 2001

Dr. Bob, I've been living with HIV for a year now and still getting over the shock that I'm positive. I'm often so scared and feel down. My Dr. told me about you and the fact you also are HIV positive. She suggested I check out this website. It's been the best medicine I've ever had. Whenever I'm sad or scared I sign on are read your responses and they always cheer me up. You are positive in more than one way my dear Dr. Bob. You are a positive role model for us all. I wish I had your courage. Your sense of humor is the thing I like best. I thought I would never laugh again and when I read some of your responses I just howel!! Science should learn from you. You know how to treat the whole person rather than just the disease. I don't have a question for you. I just wanted to say thanks. You continue to be my favorite and best medicine. Paula

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Paula,

Thanks. Some folks really don't understand my sense of humor at all. I guess they just think we should all just walk around glum and sad. No thanks, not for me! Paul Rudnick, a wonderful writer, once said, "Only money, rage, and science can conquer AIDS. But only laughter can make the nightmare bearable." I'll do my part to provide information and a few smiles along the way, if you promise to keep a positive attitude. OK? And let's both be here for the cure - with a laugh, a smile, and a tear.

Thanks again and best of luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Question
Next
Doctor Bob:

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.