Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A little help Dr. Rob
Sep 4, 2001

Hello Dr. Rob....I know that I should be asking Ryan this question over in the ole safer sex forum, but when I read your responses to questions, I always feel that you have a better handle on the topic, and a way of making people feel better....so I am gonna ask you this question in the hopes that you answer.....My exposure is this.....I went with a sex worker once, and first she performed oral, with a condom, then I penetrated her for literally 3 pumps, then I thought again, and stopped, then she finished me orally, with the condom....this was 6 weeks ago, and I have had no real symptoms at all....but I have nonetheless been freaking out.....just gimme a little perspective on this Doc, what are my chances of being infected from this.....I am fraking, because I am not 100 the condom was intact, I mean I think it was, but I didn't inspect it....so please help Doctor Rob, any help would be appreciated....Thanks so much

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Yes indeed, your question should be posted to Ryan. The main reason is that folks signing on to this forum are looking for answers to questions related to fatigue and anemia, and are not too happy when they have to click their way through lots of "worried well" questions. So please folks, send those questions to the Safe Sex and Prevention Forum. OK?

As for your adventure, oral sex with a condom, 3 insertive vaginal pumps with a condom, and being finished off orally with a condom definitely qualifies as safe sex. Condom failures are relatively rare and generally quite obvious - kind of like your head poking through your turtleneck sweater!! See, you definitely qualify for a "worried well:" You're "worried" and you're "well." Don't worry, be happy, and continue to play safe.

Dr. Bob

Previous
whats wrong with me ?
Next
Body shuts down same time every day

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.