Slightly more relieved now -- and all "worried well" and "am I infected" folks!

Dear Doctor, Thank you for your reply to my posting. I took a home ELISA test. The one approved by FDA and at 7 1/2 weeks was negative. I am still having some symptoms including gingivitis, conjunctivitis as well as nausea. So, I decided to go and see my local doctor. I told him about 90 of the story (enough), and he did a regular blood test which proved to be normal. He thinks it is pharyngitis or perhaps a low grade glandular fever. In any case I agreed to take another HIV test at 3 months. Although not totally out of the woods yet, I am much relieved. To your other readers I would like to say please take some professional advice, because you can worry yourself into such a state. Doctor by the way in answer to your question, I am an investment banker for a Wall Street firm. Hard work - Hard play, but from now on, safe play will be the only way for me.

Thanks again and regards.

TM

Hey TM!

Welcome back! An investment banker on Wall Street? Excellent! Nothing like a little "kink" in an Armani suit! We'll all keep our fingers crossed for a negative result on your 3-month test. I do think you are almost out of the woods. I wanted to post your comments because of your words of wisdom to the worried well as well as your safe sex message. Yes, work hard, play hard, and play safe! I also want to mention to our readers, particularly the "worried well" and "am I infected" groups: Thank you for your questions. I would like to answer each and every one, but this forum is dedicated to HIV-related fatigue and anemia, and readers from around the world signing on to this forum are looking for help and advice specifically on these topics. The Body does have an expert forum dedicated to safe sex and prevention. Your question should be directed there. Please don't feel I'm ignoring your questions. They just need to be posted to the correct forum to get a reply. When in doubt, get tested and just as TM says, "Play safe!"

Narcolepsy related to hiv?
Sugars, carbohydrates, insulin, fatigue, oh my!