Am I likely to be indected.?

Dear Doctor, On a recent business trip I had two risky sexual encounters. I am male and the first was an unprotected first time homosexual encounter. I penetrtated his anus, but he did not penetrate me, but there was mutual oral sex. I have weak gums so I am also worried by this fact. There was no semen involved ie neither of us cum, I relaize of course that pre-cum is also enough to infect.

The second event was with a professional S&M mistress. During the play she made me suck a huge strap-on which I remember causing me discomfort in my throat. She penetrated me anally with the strap-on, then she peed in my mouth.

4 days after the fist event, but2 days after the second I woke up with swollen neck lymphs. A small red rash on my chest, the rash dissapreared within an hour the lymph swelling went down after a couple of hours, but even now 7 weeks later my lymphs are about 2cm in diameter, wheras they were undetectable before.

Other possible HIV related symptoms I have encountered are mouth and tongue ulcers which cleared, but I still have pimples or lumps on the back of my tongue. I have had a lot of tiredness and fatigue. Occasional sweat,Occasional low grade fever, occasional diarrhea, but these are about once a week or less and short lived. I have taken a home HIV test after 7 1/2 weeks, which I realize may still be inconclusive after this amount of time, I am awaiting these results now. What I would like to know is it possible from scraping my throat from the phallas and the subsequent urine to get an infection which mimics these symptoms or is it more likely to have been because of the first experience, or even a combination of both.

Thank you in advance

Regards

TM

Hey TM,

This was a . . . ummm . . . business trip??? May I ask just what kind of business you might be in?

First off, I highly recommend that you visit our expert forum on Safe Sex and Prevention and read absolutely everything posted there.

Second, any unprotected anal intercourse carries some degree of risk. The risk is highest for the receptive partner. You were the insertive partner, so the risk is less, but not non-existent. Oral sex also carries some degree of risk, but less than unprotected anal or vaginal sex. The fact that there was no ejaculation involved decreases the risk somewhat, but again, not completely. The "huge strap-on" used by the S&M mistress would only be a concern depending on where it had been before it was inserted into your mouth and anus. Was it a new sex toy or had she used it on other "businessmen" just before you? Urine does not harbor HIV; however, we also don't recommend it over Listerine for a mouthwash.

Overall, your risk of HIV from the adventures on this business trip is low, but not completely negative. Your fatigue and tiredness are most likely unrelated. They might be related to anxiety/stress/depression related to worrying about possible HIV infection.

Bottom line: Get tested, read up on safe sex and prevention, and search for other causes for that fatigue.

Safe travels,

Testosterone Again
Neuropathy - ?