Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Confused and Worried
Jul 31, 2001

Dr Bob, I went to a massage parlor four weeks ago, the girl give me a full body massge and a "hand job" (without condom). Her hand is dry (no blood and sex fluids). After I walked out the door from the parlor, accidently I cut my arm when I open the door. It is deep wide cut and had blood from the wounds. I worried my arm still have some her sweat. Called CDC hot line, they asked me don't worry because the sweat does not contain enough virus to infect people.

After one week, some symptoms showed up. I had headache, body sore and pain, fatique, sweat (day & night), swollen and sore throat. All these symptoms comes and go about three weeks. I have anxiety and depressions about three years and had the symptoms of headache, fatique, sweat etc. before. But this time the symptoms come so strong and so intense and timing is match the AVS samptoms period (after one week and last about three weeks). what do you think? Do you think all symptoms are still from the anxiety and depressions? But why the timing is so match? I am so worried and scared. Please tell me the risk of getting HIV infection. I know you are not in "Safe Sex" forum, but I trust you more than others. Please answer my questions and help me release my worry. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

I'm sorry, even though I would like to answer all the questions that come into my mailbox, this forum is restricted to questions related to anemia and fatigue. Please pose your question to the safe sex and prevention expert forum. Since you did mention "fatigue" in your question I will give a quick answer and say that your chances of getting infected from the scenario you described are absolutely zero, zip, zilch, nada! OK? Stress, anxiety, and depression are the cause of your fatigue and other symptoms. Work on that OK? Remember all "worried well" and "am I infected" questions must be posed to the Safe Sex Forum. Good luck. Stay Well. Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV+10years+ off and on meds
Next
Thank you.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.