Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

There's not much help here!
Nov 16, 1998

I've looked at several of the items posted on being tired. In most instances you simply suggest a person talk to their Doctor. Are there foods to eat for energy? Are there vitimans, minerals, general ideas? I need some energy.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Much of the discussion here regarding fatigue and anemia in relation to HIV disease does indeed encourage people to talk to their doctor, and many have had positive results by expanding their dialogue with their medical provider. As fatigue (especially in HIV disease) is complex and usually specific to certain etiologies, there are no magic bullets to give people instant energy. I wish there were. Consulting with a nutritionist might be helpful for you. Nutritionists are helpful in identifying eating habits that may drain or enhance energy. Eating frequent small meals (especially utilizing proteins and unrefined carbohydrates) is one tip that helps people to avoid peaks and valleys of energy. Also, it might be helpful to know some other specifics about your health in identifying potential help.

Previous
Still tired even with treatment
Next
drinking ensure 3x a day

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.