Still tired even with treatment

Hi J.B.

Doing everything I can and doctors do not know what else to do. Q: what other treatment's are avail to long term PWA. I have been living with HIV since Nov/85 and have had a CD4 count below 10 for over 3 years and viral load has been through the roof for over year. Failing on treatment options with anti's. And tired of sleep 15 hours a day. Currently taking anti-depress., B-12, testosterone and around 20 other meds. Its getting old and tired of being tired all the time I also work out at the gym 3 times a week to try to gain some energy helps for a few hours but them tired again. Life get's a bit boring when you seldom leave the house because you pooped.

JB please give me your thoughts and thanks forhand

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

I feel quite empathetic as I work with several patients that share your situation. When you're following all of the suggested treatment options, and still feel exhausted, it can be quite frustrating (and as you've stated, a bit boring). The fact that you're viral load is so high is probably contributing to the problem. Have you exhausted all of the treatment options that are available through expanded access? Some antidepressants have a sedative effect while others tend to have a slightly stimulating effect. Review this with your physician. Is your testosterone dose high enough? Is there any evidence of anemia? It sounds like you are quite well informed and may have looked at these issues, but it's worth a try if you haven't. I admire your endurance! Please let me know if you find any helpful solutions that might benefit other patients. I wish I could be more helpful. Hang in there!

Hiperbaric oxigen therapy in chronic fatigue-Hiv related
There's not much help here!