B12 shots or drip

I know that B12 is recommended. But there are so many different styles--shots, drips, pills. Which ones have been proven to really work??? And should anyone with HIV take B12 or just people who have fatigue??

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin that is found in many green leafy vegetables and in some meat. Vitamin B12 is normally absorbed in the small intestine, with the aid of a substance called intrinsic factor. Deficiency can occur when the body can not absorb B12 from the intestinal tract or if a person is not consuming foods that are rich in B12. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause anemia and fatigue. Not everyone with HIV disease needs Vitamin B12 supplementation; however, many people with HIV have B12 levels below the "normal range". The most effective method of B12 replacement is by injection (shots). Recently, a nasal spray version of B12 has become available but I have not had any experience in using this method with my patients.

B12 (liquid)
Long term use of B12