B12 (liquid)

Have you heard any more on a spray B-12 that was discussed here last april? There are also lozenges and a liquid B-12 that goes under the tongue. Have you heard anything on these? I guess I'm looking for info on whether these are a true means of getting b-12 absorbed properly. Thanks. BR

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Many preparations of medications are now available through alternative delivery systems. The major drawback of the treatment is insurance that the desired dose of medication is delivered. B-12 injection, though inconvenient, is the most reliable route of administration. Vitamin B-12 is also available by prescription in a nasal spray delivery called Nascobal, which is available in 5 ml. Solution. The concentration is Vitamin B-12 500-mcg/0.1 ml. Most people replace B-12 at doses of 1000 mcg every two to four weeks. The major concern about alternative delivery systems is absorption of the medication. The nasum is rich in capillaries, but adequate absorption is also dependent upon the integrity of the mucous membranes. The product is relatively new and I have had no personal clinical experience with it. The cost is about $79.00 per vial. B-12 is also being marketed in a lozenge, but this is considered a nutritional supplement and has not had the extensive clinical trials required of prescription drugs.

Doing Well, but still, Chronic Fatigue
B12 shots or drip