Doing Well, but still, Chronic Fatigue

I was dx'd with AIDS in 1992 (PCP); MAC in 1995; Diabetes in 1997. Overall, per blood results, I'm doing pretty well -- VL is approx. 2200/mL [can't seem to get into the undetectable range], CD4's in the 700's (!), and glucose seems to have leveled off with medication. Great, but...

I am still plagued with chronic fatigue despite B-12 injections, testosterone injections, good diet and exercise.

My doctor doesn't seem to have any answers except the coined "HIV-related" answer, i.e., taking a LOT of meds (60 pills/day), etc.

We do know that there's a mass on the right adrenal gland, but chem tests don't show any elevated levels. My RBC is at the very bottom of the "normal" range.

My psychologist doesn't think I'm clinically depressed.

I'm a survivor and refuse to accept the HIV-related excuse, but, frankly, don't know where to turn at this point.

What are your thoughts?

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Congratulations on maintaining your survivor attitude! You're dealing with a number of medical challenges. You mentioned that you have been treated for PCP and MAC and that your Red Blood Count is at the low end of normal. Although I don't know the specific medications you are taking, some may be responsible for lowering the RBC's. Also, MAC can lower the RBC's. You and your physican should monitor your Red blood count and Hemoglobin level closely to monitor for anemia. Continue the good job you're doing with the diabetes management as well as the nutrition and exercise regimen. Also keep up the dialogue with your psychologist..you're fighting a tough battle. Keep up the good work.

Fatigue as a push for treatment
B12 (liquid)