Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Do I have to suffer this

I was diagnosed HIV+ in Feb 1996. I began antivirals on June 1996 and my cd4 count is stable at 400 & VL< 400. I suffer from fatigue quite a bit.

When I go out shopping or whatever, I return back quite exhausted. Then at night I suffer considerable pain in my arms & legs. This tends to be more if I have had a long busy day. I am 24 years old and on Videx+zerit+hydrea.

Is there something I could do/take to ease this fatigue/pain?

Thanks so much

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello. Sorry to hear that you are suffering from fatigue. It sounds like you're doing well in terms of your antiretroviral treatment, so it may be time to explore some other potential sources of fatigue with your physician or medical provider. Make a fatigue checklist and perhaps a special appointment with your medical provider, just to discuss the issue of fatigue. The major points to address on your checklist are:

1) Possible infection 2) Anemia 3) Depression 4) Hormonal insufficiency (Adrenal glands, testosterone in men) 5)Nutritional problems 6) Dehydration 7) Weight loss . I don't know the specifics your case, but this list should help to begin the dialogue between you and your physician. Good Luck!

HIV+ Mom running on empty...
Anabolic Steroids for Fatigue