Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Fatuige & Amphetamine Use

Is ther a safe alternative to using speed to counter chronic fatuige ? I have never been into drugs but find that my HIV related chronic fatuige is pure hell. I tried using Crystal and it works great at the time of use, giving me a great energy level.But, the after effects (comedown,etc.) are terrible and I can not help but feel that it is not good for my body, so I stopped.

My doctor perscribed Ritalin for me as on top of having HIV I am an adult with ADD, have been since childhood.

Please help ! I AM TIRED OF BEING TIRED !

THANKS

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

Crystal is definitely not the solution for some of the very reasons you have stated. The effect of "street speed" can be physically and psychologically devastating. I'm glad you stopped. Some physicians and psychiatrists for treating ADD and severe intractable fatigue use prescription of Ritalin, but all potential sources of HIV related fatigue should be explored first. Review your current medications and laboratory work with your physician. Review your symptoms specifically to rule out anemia, depression, potential hormonal depletion, nutritional problems, weight loss, etc. A careful review of these major points might help you and your medical practitioner find a treatment strategy to help you feel better. Good luck.

Asking about trental and/or tagamet for fatigue
HIV+ Mom running on empty...