Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

FATIGUE DRUG
Jan 20, 1999

Is there a drug that for HIV Fatigue? I thought that I saw paper ads that read: Is today a good day, for so and so with HIV and fatigue, todays is a great day with the help of....... I tought it was an HIV fatigue medicine

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello It would be great if there was a "drug" for HIV related fatigue, but the sources of HIV related fatigue are sometimes multiple and complex. Once the source of HIV related fatigue is identified, then we are frequently successful in treating it. I think the advertisement you are referring to is one that identifies anemia as a potential cause of HIV related fatigue. People who have HIV related anemia usually benefit from treatment and correction of the anemia, and usually feel less fatigued.

Previous
Sustiva and Fatigue
Next
Ritalin for fatigue?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.