Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Re: Is My Fatigue permanent?

Dear Mr Molaghan:

I'm writing regarding the person with resistant thrush and fatigue. I also have had similar issues this year and have felt very alone as most HIVers seem to be doing so well. I couldn't find anyone to talk to about a port-a-cath or the ampho-terrible. I have 4 t-cells, and a vl of 350,000.

Mostly what I wanted to say is that last Thanksgiving (98) my dr also referred me to hospice, due to my second bout of pcp in just a few months. Hospice was such a help to me. They brought my meds from the pharmacy, coordinated insurance benefits, offered a volunteer to help with houshold chores, sent a nurse to check on me as needed, and provided a social worker to help me and my family work out our feelings about our current situation and plan for the future (since I have a 7yo daughter). Hospice is a godsend! Medicare covers it as do most states' medicaid programs. And they treated my PCP - I don't believe stopping therapy is a requirement for hospice care. Only that your dr says your prognosis is 6 months or less, and you must be unable to work.

But the last thing I need to say is that I did get over my PCP, hospice was discontinued when I felt I no longer needed them, and now I am back to work part time.

So, dear fellow hiver, check out this hospice option. It doesn't mean you're giving up, or that you'll need it forever, and it is a HUGE help.

Leigh

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Leigh

Thanks for sharing your experience. Your words of encouragement are refreshing.

JBM

Fatigue and pain meds
Sustiva and Fatigue