Fatigue and pain meds

Dear Doctor,

I have had on going problems with fatigue. I've tried different combinations that didn't help and yes I had all the blood work done and everything is normal.I also went to a shrink in case I was depressed. He didn't think I was but I tried all of the anti depressants, they all made me sick. I have spent much of the past two years dealing with the side effects of different drugs in the quest to rid myself of fatigue. I could tolerate wellbutrin so I took it for 6 months. Since it didn't help I stopped taking it, I was only getting the side effects, not any benefit that I could notice or anyone else.

The only thing that seemed to completely get rid of the fatigue was either percocett or roxicodone. They both gave me the energy to go on about my life in a productive way. How do you explain this? I do not take these drugs currently as I was prescribed them for only one month for some pain I had. I haven't really talked to my doctor about the effects on me because I know this is a narcotic. I know how silly it is saying thet these drugs make me feel good. But the fact of the matter is when I took them I was not fatigued.

Your opinion on this would be appreciated.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Percocet and Roxicodone are both opiate derivatives and are excellent for treatment of some types of pain. These narcotics, although classified as central nervous system depressants, sometimes induce a feeling of well being as part of the pain controls ("a buzz"). This may explain why the medication made you feel better.

Success treating fatigue
Re: Is My Fatigue permanent?