Female HIV+ ****Healthy *** Tired*** No other symptoms

I m a female heterosexual - HIV+ for over 10 years - CD4 - 500 - VL <2700. On combo therapy. Work long days, director of a marketing dept., travel around the world a few times ayear.. and I am so tired - Feeling like "Stop the world I want to get off... and rest".

Is it unusual to be healthy for so long - (no HIV related illnesses experienced to date)

I feel like all I do is work and am too tired to enjoy the good things in life. I have a terrfic HIV- boyfriend of 3 years - a gem. I see a therapist weekly and never ever miss my med. schedule.

Is exhaustion a real symptom or am I being greedy expecting to work hard then be able to play hard. My Dr. dismisses the tiredness as no big deal. It seems very big to me - I am always tired. Any suggestions? After reading you Q/A I think I will get CBC count to check for anemia but don't think that is the problem.

Would love to hear from you. Hope vacation was great.

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

I don't know how you do it. Yikes, what a busy schedule. First of all, no, it is not unusual to be healthy for so long. Many people with HIV live healthy lives with no symptoms for many years. It sounds like you're doing almost everything correctly. Viral load and CD4 counts look good; relationship sounds stable and you're seeing your therapist regularly. You didn't mention which medications you were taking. That might have some effect at your energy level, although I think the major source of your fatigue is obvious- look at some key words in your question---director of marketing, long days, travel around the world, too tired to enjoy life. No medication regimen will improve the quality of life if we don't allow it to. It sounds like your hectic schedule is the major culprit. It might be time to reevaluate your lifestyle (meaning job) in order to take a closer look at the fatigue issue. I don't think you're being greedy by working so hard, but it sounds like your body is telling you to slow down and smell the flowers. Good Luck. Let us know how things go.

Adendom to Female HIV+ Tired
Fatigue and rest