Can dog parvo spread to humans

I was bitten by a dog and became anemic severals months later and then was diagnosed thru a bone marrow biopsy as having Parvo Virus. Could I have caught the parvo from the dog bite? (By the way, I have had less than 10 T-cells for several years)

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello

Human parvovirus B19 is presumed to be transmitted via respiratory secretions and via blood transfusion. I don't know of transmission through a dogbite, however, human parvovirus B19 is from the same genus as canine parvovirus (CPV). You've mentioned that your T-cell count is less than 10. Chronic parvovirus infection has been reported in people with compromised immune systems and in AIDS patients.

ELISHA TESTING
low body temperature