Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Fatigue and AnemiaFatigue and Anemia

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Could lose my job...
Sep 24, 1998

My performance and attitude at work has really been suffering. More than I knew until today when I learned how wide-spread my performance issue has become. I am worried that I could lose my job.

I am always very tired and lack energy. This has not changed despite a study I am in back east that has dramatically improved my cd4 count. I am well above 1000 with a VL below 50 and percentage above 50. The fatigue and lack of energy persists.

I am wondering if I have a prayer of taking advantage of my long term disablity policy given where my numbers are. It has been documented well throughout my study period that I suffer from this however...the study coordinator will not get involved in disablilty issues.

Any thoughts??

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Chronic fatigue can persist despite undetectable viral load and high CD4 count. If your job performance has been affected buy your fatigue level, then the problem needs to be addressed. I think it is important for you to review the fatigue checklist to see if there any other potential sources of your fatigue such as depression, anemia, nutritional problems, diarrhea, dehydration, etc. Have you discussed the severe fatigue with your primary medical provider? The question of pursuing disability is between you, your physician and the company that provides the insurance coverage. There are many community-based organizations that can assist in disability decisions. In San Francisco, you can contact AIDS Benefits Counselors at (415) 558-9845 for advice.

Previous
testosterone level
Next
HIV/AIDS, co-diagnosis Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, antivirals, toxic chemical exposure.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.