LOW PLATLET COUNT

i HAVE AIDS HAVE ALSO BEEN TREATED FOR NON HODKINS LYMP WITH CHOP AND RADITION THE PROBLEM IS MY PLATLET COUNT WILL NOT RETURN TO NORMAL I AM RESTING AT 6K HAVE BEEN USING THE GROTH HORMONE (GSF) MY WHITE CELLS HAVE RESPONDED IT WAS .5 NOW UP TO 2.5 AFTER FOUR WEEKS BUT THE PLATLET COUNT REMAINDS THE SAME 6K MY DOCTOR SAID THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO TREAT THIS CONDITIONS SENT ME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL AND SAID PREPARE TO DIE BY XMAS DO NOT COME BACK FOR ANYTYPE OF TREATMENT JUST STAY HOME AND DIE I AM LOOKING FOR ANY THING TO BRING UP MY PLATLETS -SHE ALSO REFUSES TO DO PLATLET OR BLOOD TRANSFUSION RICK ANY RESPONSE WILL BE APERATIATED

Response from Mr. Molaghan

Hello Rick It sounds like you've been through some rough times. I don't know all the details of your illness, so I can't speculate too much about your treatment. Unfortunately, after chemotherapy and radiation the bone marrow (where platelets are made) can become depleted of the ability to manufacture blood cells and platelets as well. Platelet transfusions only last about twenty-four hours and have to be repeated frequently to be effective. We have used a product called Neumega (or IL 11) in some oncology patients with platelet production problems. The medicine is very expensive and only works in about 50% of the patients that receive it. It might be a good idea to get a second opinion, to determine if another specialist shares the advice that you are receiving from your doctor. Good luck.

HELP
Anadrol and Ankel Swelling